Before submitting your manuscript, please read the following Instructions to Authors and and, if needed, make necessary adjustments to your manuscript accordingly, in order to make publishing process easier and faster.
Croatica Chemica Acta relies on the single-blind peer review process, which means that the reviewers know the names of the authors, but the authors do not know who reviewed their manuscript unless the reviewer chooses to sign their report.
Croatica Chemica Acta is an open access journal. Croatica Chemica Acta does not charge neither article processing charges (APCs) nor article submission charges.
All articles submitted to Croatica Chemica Acta are automatically screened for plagiarism by the CrossCheck system from CrossRef.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS TO AUTHORS
Croatica Chemica Acta (Croat. Chem. Acta, CCA), is an international journal of the Croatian Chemical Society publishing scientific articles of general interest to chemistry. Four issues are published annually, some of them are Special issues (Festschrift and issues devoted to subject or selected from a conference). Contributions should be written in English.
CCA publishes Original Scientific Articles, Notes, Preliminary Communications, Feature Articles, Reviews, and Conference Articles. The Journal also publishes Letters to the Editor, Essays, Book Reviews, Obituaries, and some Croatian Chemical Society news.
- Original Scientific Articles report unpublished scientific results of original research. The articles have to contain all the necessary information to enable reproducibility of the described work.
- Notes report unpublished scientific results of short, but completed, original research or describe original laboratory techniques (methods, apparatus, etc.). Notes should not exceed 5 typewritten pages.
- Preliminary Communications report unpublished preliminary scientific results of original research that require prompt publication.
- Feature Articles are concise and critical reviews of a specific topic, pointing to trends and controversies in the field. The Author’s own contribution and personal point of view should form the main part of the article. Feature Articles are published by invitation from the Editor and should not exceed 40 typewritten pages.
- Reviews are comprehensive and critical surveys of a specific research field, providing the reader with up-to-date information on current developments and trends. Reviews are published by invitation from the Editor.
- Conference Articles are based on presentation at scientific meetings and are invited by the Organizing Committee in agreement with the Editor.
- Letters to the Editor are a medium for expression of scientific opinions or exchange of different views concerning the material published in CCA.
- Essays are articles related to science, e.g. curricula vitae of distinguished Croatian chemists or
accounts of the history of chemistry.
All contributions are peer reviewed according to the criteria of originality and quality of their scientific content and only articles with favourable reports are accepted for publication. It is assumed that submitted articles are in agreement with Ethical Guidelines, especially with respect to plagiarism, fictitious data, multiple reporting of research, reference omissions and incorrect authorship.
Detailed Instructions to Authors (pdf) may be found HERE